Evolving Paradigms in Interpreting Learning and Teaching
Looking for advanced learning? Challenging topics? Don’t just sit there! Role-Space theory is an exciting paradigm shift in the field of interpreter education! Join us for the second in our series of 2 exciting interactive webinars as we explore the concepts and applications of Role-Space Theory! This pioneering state-of-the-art theory has wide-spread application for interpreting and interpreter preparation—but what does it mean, and how do we infuse it into our work?
Take advantage of these opportunities for advanced level professional development experience as we explore the ramifications and applications of role-space in interpreting, interpreter education and mentoring!
Facilitator: Robert G. Lee (co-author of Redefining the Role of the Community Interpreter)
Dates: April 5-15, 2018 (2 weeks)
Explore how we can infuse role-space theory into our teaching and mentoring. You will have the opportunity to refresh your understanding of Role-Space Theory, participate in online group discussions about why, how, and when we might incorporate Role-Space Theory into teaching and mentoring, prepare and/or share lessons or activities that you have used, or hope to use, to incorporate Role-Space Theory into your own classes.
- Specific Pre-requisite skills/knowledge: Basic familiarity with Role-Space Theory (e.g. Webinar 1 or other studies) and some experience/interest in teaching and/or mentoring.
- Languages: This online Learning Community is accessible via ASL and written English.
- Times: At your own convenience during the dates, but there are specific times/dates for assignments.
- Location: In your favorite chair, home or office…in your pajamas?
- Target Audience: Interpreters, Educators, Mentors (experience level – intermediate thru advanced)
- Required Text: Redefining the Role of the Community Interpreter: The Concept of Role-space (Llewellyn-Jones & Lee, 2014)
NOTE: Because so many people already have this text, the fee does not include purchase of original book. If you do not already have it, it can be purchased at: http://www.tinyurl.com/rolespaceus
Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
Cost: Each Webinar is offered at the special introductory cost of $145.00 (Cost of required text is NOT included)
Did you miss our first Role-Space webinar? Looking for challenging active learning for the future?
Check back with www.TIEMCenter.org soon for more options coming this fall!
RID CEUs: RID Professional Studies CEUs can be earned through the TIEM Center for no additional cost if requested with registration! Don’t wait! Register Today!