The University of North Florida, College of Education and Human Services, invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position as an Assistant or Associate Professor in the ASL/English Interpreting program, beginning Spring Semester 2023 (contract begins December 21, 2022).
The Interpreting Program offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees with concentrations in community interpreting, educational interpreting, interpreting pedagogy and general practitioner.
This position requires teaching a variety of courses in both the graduate and undergraduate program via face-to-face, blended, and fully online modalities for a well-established ASL/English Interpreter Education Program. In addition to teaching, faculty are expected to design online, blended, and traditional courses, advise graduate students, engage in empirical research, work collaboratively with other faculty to revise and develop curricula in accordance with the standards of the Commission on Collegiate Interpreter Education, participate in recruitment efforts, and demonstrate a commitment to both institutional and community service.
• Earned doctorate in Interpreting, Linguistics, Adult Learning, Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Deaf Education, or a related field
• Experience teaching online or blended courses
• Current interpreting experience
• College/university teaching experience in ASL/English Interpreting
• Evidence of a research agenda and scholarly productivity
• Interpreter Certification (RID, AVLIC/CASLI, NAD IV-V) or experience as a consumer of interpreting services as a native user of ASL
• Multiple RID certifications
• Outcomes-based program assessment experience
• Full-time university teaching experience in ASL/English Interpreting
• Experience with, and commitment to, working with diverse populations
• Expertise in curriculum design and program development
• Experience designing and delivering online and blended courses
• Experience working with, and teaching courses in, DeafBlind interpreting
• Ability to design and deliver online and blended courses
• Leadership experience
• Undergrad AND grad teaching experience
• Experience with Federal grant awards and management
Details are available at https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/19509 – Position #318830
The salary is $65,000 – $75,000 based on experience.
Application review date is May 31, 2022 and the position will remain open until filled.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Len Roberson, Program Director and Search Committee Chair at email@example.com .
Website URL: https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/19509