September 19, 2016
Present: Leslie Greer, Jimmy Beldon, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Jeremy Rogers, Kim Kurz, Kellie Stewart, Carole Lasorisak and Patty Lessard
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm Eastern by President Greer
- Newsletter – updates and changes to special announcements instead of quarterly newsletters.
- Sponsorship/exhibitors excel
- Contract papers on each guest speakers – Patty has the signed documents from the presenters, we are waiting on one more to come in.
- PPM – we will break up into groups and focus on our duties to work on finishing everything up at our face to face meeting in October prior to the conference.
- Interpreters – 2 CDI will be present and one half time. Also there will be a Japanese Sign Language interpret present
- There were two different requests for hearing interpreters, local interpreters will be utilized for those presentations
- We will have stand-by interpreters during the conference to be present as needed.
- An interpreter was discussed for the keynote speaker who is familiar with Christian.
- News of a new sponsor and exhibitor that will attend CIT.
- July Meeting minutes passed, no meeting minutes for August as there was no quorum.
- Action of items were reviewed.
- Wells Fargo:
- Checking $43,220.44
- Savings: $140,934.51
- Total: $184,154.95
- Possible have a scholarship for conferences or possible part time staff to assist during conference years
- Sponsorship checks to be sent in for the conference
- Discussion of projected budget for the conference
Communication/Technology and interim Publications:
- International Journal of Interpreter Education – discussion of if a university has multiple campus the cost for the university subscription should be the same regardless of the number of sites.
- Proceeding editors – Discussion of the deadline being February 1, 2017. Discussion of some kind of incentive to ensure that authors submit the work.
- Discussion of the memorial PowerPoint for the conference
- Will provide membership breakdown for the membership categories at the conference
Public Relation and Outreach:
- Update on the Facebook about the conference
- Street Leverage contract was signed by the president and sent to the treasurer.
- Lanyard’s with CIT’s logo on them and will have a thumb drive 4 GB storage
- Update on the exhibitor tables
- Horseshoe’s paperweights for workshop presenters
- Star pins
- Deposit for bus – not much interest in the trip therefore it will be cancelled.
- Carol-lee – pre-conference presenter
- Hotel rooms for KY people
- Meal planning during the conference week
Meeting adjourned at 9:26 pm Eastern by president Greer.