CIT Meeting Minutes
November 2nd, 2022
Meeting start 11 am EST


Roll Call, Present:

  1. Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
  2. Jenny Gough
  3. Stephen Fitzmaurice
  4. Rebecca Minor – excused absent
  5. Eric Driskill
  6. Ben Davis
  7. Leslie C Greer


President’s Report

  1. Discussion of conference feedback. Overall positive feedback and feedback for future conferences.
  2. Updates from ASL and English proficiency Taskforce.
  3. Discussion of Secretary and Treasurer seats moving forward.

Vice President’s Report

  1. Discussion of Bylaws changes and process working with Bylaws committee. Ratified Bylaws will be posted to the CIT website soon.
  2. Discussion of continuing concerns with the CIT website and ability to email member groups via the database.

Secretary’s Report

  1. Report sent via email – 2022 Business Meeting Minutes have been posted to the CIT Website.


Treasurer’s Report

  1. Discussion of FY 2023 proposed budget.
  2. Discussion of future conference expenses. Discussion of use of Stripe versus PayPal.
  3. Discussion of costs for Zoom account.

Professional Development

  1. Discussion of planning for webinars in off-conference years. May ask some conference presenters to consider presenting a webinar. Possible survey of members to collect desired topics for webinars


Communications

  1. Discussion of use and storage of photos and media from 2022 conference.

Motions:

Fitzmaurice/Driskill. Move to ask the ASL and English Proficiency Task Force to create a White Paper with their findings. Passed unanimously.

Fitzmaurice/Gough. Move that CIT will stop using PayPal and use Stripe affective January 1, 2023. Passed unanimously.

Meeting adjournment Minor/Fitzmaurice. Meeting adjourned by President Bentley-Sassaman at
12:15 pm EST