CIT Meeting Minutes
November 2nd, 2022
Meeting start 11 am EST
Roll Call, Present:
- Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
- Jenny Gough
- Stephen Fitzmaurice
- Rebecca Minor – excused absent
- Eric Driskill
- Ben Davis
- Leslie C Greer
- Discussion of conference feedback. Overall positive feedback and feedback for future conferences.
- Updates from ASL and English proficiency Taskforce.
- Discussion of Secretary and Treasurer seats moving forward.
Vice President’s Report
- Discussion of Bylaws changes and process working with Bylaws committee. Ratified Bylaws will be posted to the CIT website soon.
- Discussion of continuing concerns with the CIT website and ability to email member groups via the database.
- Report sent via email – 2022 Business Meeting Minutes have been posted to the CIT Website.
- Discussion of FY 2023 proposed budget.
- Discussion of future conference expenses. Discussion of use of Stripe versus PayPal.
- Discussion of costs for Zoom account.
- Discussion of planning for webinars in off-conference years. May ask some conference presenters to consider presenting a webinar. Possible survey of members to collect desired topics for webinars
- Discussion of use and storage of photos and media from 2022 conference.
Fitzmaurice/Driskill. Move to ask the ASL and English Proficiency Task Force to create a White Paper with their findings. Passed unanimously.
Fitzmaurice/Gough. Move that CIT will stop using PayPal and use Stripe affective January 1, 2023. Passed unanimously.
Meeting adjournment Minor/Fitzmaurice. Meeting adjourned by President Bentley-Sassaman at
12:15 pm EST