facilitated by Therese-Marie Mirande
This was an overview of what the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care is working to build as an online resource for educators of interpreters working in health care settings. A variety of resources were discussed including:
- The NCIHC’s Standards of Practice for Interpreter Training
- They are providing webinars on several topics. The next webinar will be June 20 focusing on finding resources and dealing with patients who have a language that is of limited diffusion.
- They also archive past webinars and you can view the first webinar that focused on Teaching Ethical Decision-Making to interpreters.
- Mentoring Resources
- The Trainer’s Bookshelf (This is a resource that is being developed by members to create resources for training – very similar idea to the Mentoring Toolkit developed by the NIEC.)
- The Trainer’s Cafe (This is a discussion forum for trainers – and features 1-1-Matches and has a mentor of the month to help facilitate discussions.)
For more information, check out the NCIHC web site.