Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
November 18, 2012
Persons present: Leslie Greer, Cindy Farnham, Cindy Volk, Richard Laurion, Julie Simon
Meeting was called to order by President, Leslie Greer at 12:00 pm PST.
President’s Report- Leslie Greer
- Leslie reported that the director applications are due on November 29. She will send out the applicant information to the executive officers. Discussion about staggering the officer positions.
- Discussion about a notebook or using Google Docs for documents regarding conference planning.
- Discussion about a layaway plan for conference dues. Discussion regarding the possibility of paying half the dues, and then the remaining half at a later date. Richard indicated that we offered group registration conference discounts for the first time this year.
- Discussion regarding the February face-to-face board meeting. Possible locations are San Diego (Courtyard Mariott), Portland, Sacramento, or Salt Lake City.
- Discussion about choosing the hotel for the Portland 2014 CIT conference.
- Discussion about not having separate meetings of the executive officers once the new directors are appointed. After that time, all board meetings will include directors and executive officers.
- Leslie Greer will purchase $50 gift cards for Brian Morrison, Carla Mathers and Liz Mendoza to thank them for their service on the CIT Board.
- Discussion about the motion from ASLTA. The membership needs to vote on this. The motion is:
A: I move that CIT enter a formal memorandum of understanding with ASLTA to develop a true cooperative and collaborative relationship between the two “sister” organizations.
- Discussion about the CCIE request for funds. We need the full board for this discussion.
- Leslie will contact Liz Mendoza (former secretary) about putting all of the motions from the business meeting and the PPM in the dropbox.
Vice President Report-Cindy Farnham
- Cindy will send out the Conflict of Interest forms to each board member. These should also be completed by sub-committee members. Cindy will contact Matthew O’Hara regarding his interest in participating on this committee.
- Cindy is responsible for reviewing the by-laws. She will ask Carla Mathers to be on a committee with her to review these.
- The Philosophy Statement needs to be sent out to CIT members. This needs to be voted on by membership through email.
- Cindy Farnham will contact CM Hall and Elisa Maroney to start the discussion regarding hotels for the 2014 conference.
Secretary Report- Cindy Volk
None at this time.
Treasurer Report- Richard Laurion
There is a total of $98,540.36 in the CIT account.
Director of Communication and Technology Report-Lynne Weisman
Leslie Greer reported that Lynne Weisman was not able to attend today, but that Lynne would like to investigate using i-Pads or smart phones to vote at business meetings. She would like to do a survey about this to the membership. Board members present agreed.
Director of Membership Report- Julie Simon
- Discussion about removing the rule regarding being a member for 60 days prior to the conference in order to vote.
- Discussion about having a 2 year membership.
- Renewal notices for the 2012-2013 Membership year have been sent out, including two follow-up reminder notices.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:15 PM PST.