Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
November 18, 2012

Persons present:  Leslie Greer, Cindy Farnham, Cindy Volk, Richard Laurion, Julie Simon
Meeting was called to order by President, Leslie Greer at 12:00 pm PST.
President’s Report- Leslie Greer

  1. Leslie reported that the director applications are due on November 29.  She will send out the applicant information to the executive officers.  Discussion about staggering the officer positions.
  2. Discussion about a notebook or using Google Docs for documents regarding conference planning.
  3. Discussion about a layaway plan for conference dues.  Discussion regarding the possibility of paying half the dues, and then the remaining half at a later date.  Richard indicated that we offered group registration conference discounts for the first time this year.
  4. Discussion regarding the February face-to-face board meeting. Possible locations are San Diego (Courtyard Mariott), Portland, Sacramento, or Salt Lake City.
  5. Discussion about choosing the hotel for the Portland 2014 CIT conference.
  6. Discussion about not having separate meetings of the executive officers once the new directors are appointed.  After that time, all board meetings will include directors and executive officers.
  7. Leslie Greer will purchase $50 gift cards for Brian Morrison, Carla Mathers and Liz Mendoza to thank them for their service on the CIT Board.
  8. Discussion about the motion from ASLTA. The membership needs to vote on this. The motion is:
    A:  I move that CIT enter a formal memorandum of understanding with ASLTA to develop a true cooperative and collaborative relationship between the two “sister” organizations.

    Glenna Ashton
    ASLTA President
    CIT member
  1. Discussion about the CCIE request for funds.  We need the full board for this discussion.
  2. Leslie will contact Liz Mendoza (former secretary) about putting all of the motions from the business meeting and the PPM in the dropbox.

Vice President Report-Cindy Farnham

  1. Cindy will send out the Conflict of Interest forms to each board member. These should also be completed by sub-committee members.   Cindy will contact Matthew O’Hara regarding his interest in participating on this committee.
  2. Cindy is responsible for reviewing the by-laws.  She will ask Carla Mathers to be on a committee with her to review these.
  3. The Philosophy Statement needs to be sent out to CIT members.  This needs to be voted on by membership through email.
  4. Cindy Farnham will contact CM Hall and Elisa Maroney to start the discussion regarding hotels for the 2014 conference.

Secretary Report- Cindy Volk
None at this time.
Treasurer Report- Richard Laurion
There is a total of $98,540.36 in the CIT account.
Director of Communication and Technology Report-Lynne Weisman
Leslie Greer reported that Lynne Weisman was not able to attend today, but that Lynne would like to investigate using i-Pads or smart phones to vote at business meetings.  She would like to do a survey about this to the membership.  Board members present agreed.
Director of Membership Report- Julie Simon

  1. Discussion about removing the rule regarding being a member for 60 days prior to the conference in order to vote.
  2.  Discussion about having a 2 year membership.
  3. Renewal notices for the 2012-2013 Membership year have been sent out, including two follow-up reminder notices.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:15 PM PST.