Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
January 19, 2014
Present: Leslie Greer, Wink Smith, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman, Carole Lazorisak, Samond Bishara, Kimberly Hale
Excused Absence: Jimmy Beldon, Cindy Volk, Richard Laurion
The meeting was opened at 3:32 pm PST by President, Leslie Greer.
President Report – Leslie Greer
- Board meeting minute approval will be postponed until the face to face meeting in February.
- Discussion regarding which CIT board members will be attending RID regional conferences.
- CIT board members are to refer to Carole if anyone needs to contact the conference hotel. She will be the liaison.
- Discussion regarding online email motions.
- The pro-tactile conference will be a pre-conference instead of a post-conference due to room and finance issues at the hotel.
- The board approved that the 2016 CIT conference will be held in Lexington, KY. (B2014:01)
Director of Communication and Technology Report- Wink Smith
Wink reported that he is working on website database issues with Doug.
Director of Membership Report- Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
Jessica reported that she is also working on the website database issues with Doug related to membership.
Director of Professional Development Report – Carole Lazorisak
- Carole is going to develop action items related to the conference for all CIT board members.
- ASLTA members will get the same discount as CIT members for the 2014 conference.
Director of Public Relations and Outreach- Samond Bishara
Samond will be making videotapes related to the CIT conference for the website.
Director of Research and Publications – Kimberly Hale
We have not received any applications for proceedings editors at this point.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 pm PST.