Conference of Interpreter Trainers
April 14, 2013
On-line Board Meeting
Persons present: Leslie Greer, Cindy Farnham, Cindy Volk, Carole Lazorisak, Jimmy Beldon, Annette Miner, Lynne Wiesman, Richard Laurion and Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
Meeting was opened by President, Leslie Greer at 3:10 pm PST.
E-mail Voting (since last meeting)
Moved that the CIT Board of Directors arrange for meeting, lodging and dining facilities and services through the Doubletree by Hilton Portland for the 2014 Conference. The Treasurer is hereby directed to confirm through contract the dates of September 29 – October 5, 2014, including facilities and services needed for hosting the CIT Membership. Motion carried. (2013:05)
President Report – Leslie Greer
- Shane Feldman and Brenda Walker Prudhom from RID contacted Leslie and they will be meeting in April by using VP. This is scheduled for April 24.
- Discussion regarding RID board positions and recent withdrawals.
Vice-President Report – Cindy Farnham
- Cindy will be following up on the philosophy committee by this Friday.
Secretary Report – Cindy Volk
- Minutes from the board meeting, March 2013 are posted on the CIT website.
- Discussion regarding who is attending the RID and ASLTA conferences. Leslie will be attending both conferences. It was moved and accepted that CIT pay for Jimmy Beldon to attend ASLTA. His registration, room, flight, and meals will be covered up to $1,500. (2013:06). It was also moved and accepted that CIT pay for the Vice-President to attend the RID convention and be responsible for the CIT booth. (B2013:07).
Director of Communications and Technology Report – Lynne Wiesman
- Discussion regarding keynote and plenary speakers for the 2014 conference.
- A committee of 6 CIT members has been established to assist Lynne in the area of communications and technology.
- The Technology Survey with an ASL version by Wink has been completed.
Director of Professional Development Report – Carole Lazorisak
- Carol went to Portland and viewed the hotel and made the final changes to the hotel contract.
- Carol met with faculty members in the interpreting program at Portland Community College.
- Carol has been reviewing the CIT by-laws and the Conference Procedure and Planning manuals.
Director of Public Relations and Outreach Report – Jimmy Beldon
Discussion about sponsoring the ASLTA conference. Leslie will contact ASLTA to see if they would like to do a booth exchange for our conference.
Director of Research and Publications Report – Annette Miner
The next edition of the journal is in progress.
Director of Membership Report – Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
The membership survey is complete and ready to send out to the membership.
- Lynne and Jimmy will investigate increasing the advertising rates for the newsletter.
- The next face-to-face (strategic planning) meeting will be held in Tucson, AZ. Everyone needs to arrive on Friday, 31. The meeting will be all day on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2. Everyone will leave on Monday, June 3.
- All future on-line meetings will be held on the first Sunday of the month at 3:00 pm PST. The May meeting will be held in Tucson and not on the first Sunday.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:10 pm PST.