- Title: Instructor/Assistant Professor of ASL Interpreting
- Department: School of Humanities
- Reports to: Dean, School of Humanities
- Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
- General Description:
William Woods University is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty position to teach on ground ASL/English Interpreting courses for students working towards a Bachelor’s degree in ASL/English Interpreting and focused on obtaining certification.
The contracted teaching load is 12 hours per semester, with the opportunity for teaching online courses.
Full-time faculty are expected to participate in faculty and campus committees, attend faculty assembly, school meetings, and conduct program and class assessments in accordance with standards developed by the University and outside accrediting entities. Faculty are expected to develop educational programs to be presented to campus at large as part of the University LEAD program and to attend such programs sponsored by other faculty in the university. Faculty are also expected to function as student advisors and to engage in scholarship. They should contribute to the University, their school, their profession, and their community. Faculty may have additional focused responsibilities as assigned by the Academic Dean.
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualification and experience. Opportunity to pursue masters or doctoral level degrees upon completion of six months of service through the University’s tuition remission program.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach Interpreting coursework in classroom settings.
• Provide support to an established online Interpreting program.
• Assist students with academic advising.
• Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses that meet the needs of students and state requirements.
• Participate in the development of assessments and evaluation of courses and the program for continuing improvement.
• Maintain professional development according to personal and professional need.
• Assist in recruitment efforts for the program by participating in university recruitment events and communicating with interested students.
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with alumni of the program.
• Collaborate in curriculum design and materials development for the ASL/English Interpreting degree program.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Position Requirements:
• Certification of either (a) National Interpreters Certification or b) Current state certification of advanced or higher.
• A Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in (subject) coursework is preferred.
• Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department, the division, and the University.
• Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
- Work Schedule:
This is a full-time, 9-month position, which may begin January 2024. This position will be open until filled.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993. Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs. With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri’s state school system. William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
Type of Ads: Job Postings
- Name First Name : Hannah
Last Name : Bolados, Ph.D.
- Email Address
Here is the entire position description as found here: https://www.williamwoods.edu/employment/job_details.aspx?id=281