CIT Online Meeting
April 29, 2020
Start time 7:08 pm Eastern
Roll Call, Present:
- Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
- Stephen Fitzmaurice
- Kim Kurz
- Rebecca Minor
- Francis Phiri
- Nicole Morgan
- Carole Lazorisak
- Danielle Hunt
Wells Fargo Checking $73,467.86
Wells Fargo Savings $ 7,326.08
Membership numbers are still low. Budget will have just over $80,000 left after refunding members for canceled conference.
Updates and changes due to COVID-19
One conference facilitator is no longer available. One regular conference sponsor has notified us they will not be able to sponsor this year. Resources from local college might be limited due to COVID situation and the Graduate Hotel sent us plans for limiting the number of attendees in workshop rooms. Many faculty travel funding placed on hold for 2020.
We cannot predict what will happen with virus, people may be afraid to travel and wearing masks at the conference will limit communication.
Board moves to cancel the 2020 conference.
- Awards – We will still give awards and honor nominations. Extend time for nominations. Awards to be announced at business meeting in fall of 2020.
- Board to make announcement videos and work with members for conference refund.
- Vice President and Treasurer nominations will soon be collected.
- Board to plan remote Business Meeting before the end of the year. Will accept bids for conference 2024 at meeting.
- Discussion of offering an online workshop series in lieu of the conference.
- Board all agrees based on the 2018 Business meeting to keep the 2022 conference in Philadelphia as planned.
- Discussion of ASLTA partnership and MOU.
Move to approve of meeting minutes from March 2020. Minor/Lazorisak passed by unanimously
Motion to cancel the conference and refund all members and sponsors. Fitzmaurice/Lazorisak passed by unanimously
Move to postpone deadline for awards nominations to Sept 21st Kurz/Fitzmaurice passed unanimously
May 18th 7pm EST 4pm PST
June 17th 7pm EST 4pm PST
Meeting adjournment moved by Treasurer Fitzmaurice – meeting adjourned by President Bentley-Sassaman at 8:48pm Eastern.